We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with dolphins

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with dolphins

Is there any where in paphos that you can swim with dolphins

8 replies to this topic
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with dolphins

No there isn’t.

I think there is only a couple of places in Europe where you can do it.

If it’s something you want to do then the Caribbean is probably the most popular place to go

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
320 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with dolphins

No there is nothing like that here. However, there are Dolphins around the area and lots of sightings. It's just the luck of the draw, should you go out on a boat trip or hire a boat for yourself and happen to see a few or if you are really lucky, a whole pod of them!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with dolphins

I've seen dolphins off the coast near Latchi a couple of times. No way anyone could have swum with them though. They move too fast.

The closest I have come to swimming with dolphins is after falling off a paddle board into the Swan River near Fremantle. Several swam past me about 20 yards away. I don't mind saying that when first caught sight of them I nearly had a heart attack.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with dolphins

If look at this picture taken at the time, you'll see why...

https://ibb.co/b5i8fd

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
486 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with dolphins

Thankfully No.

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with dolphins

there is possible to swim in portugal

I was in aquarium and had "meeting' with doplhins in Spain but in Spain they said it is forbidden to swim with dolphins:(

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming with dolphins

I think that it is forbidden to swim with dolphins in most parts of Europe due to it being considered cruel. Even in Mexico opinion is turning against the practice of keeping dolphins in captivity.

One reason is that dolphins live in groups of about 30 and swim up to 100 miles in a day. Consider that a dolphin in captivity is kept, often on their own and in a pool smaller than your local swimming bath's and you can understand why.

it's like keeping a Great Dane in a small broom cupboard

Best to take a trip on the ocean to see them where they belong

Edited: 12 May 2018, 02:07
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
675 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming with dolphins

I so agree with you. We are in the Dominican Republic at the moment & they still have dolphins in pools here. Don't think people would visit these dolphin prisons if they knew the facts.

Reply to: Swimming with dolphins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted