We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxembourg train station and bus station

Which Luxembourg City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rome
9 posts
Save Topic
Luxembourg train station and bus station

Hi! I was wondering if the bus staion (gare routiere) in Luxembourg city is the same place, or just outside therailway station.

Thank you!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

They are not the same, there is a gare routière outside the train station and there is one in the city centre Aldringen near the central post office. They are connected by frequent services takes about 7 minutes or 1.5 km walk.

Rome
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

Thanks hiker! I want to go to Echternach from Luxemboug city;from which of the two gare routieres does the bus leave?

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

The buses start at the train station and make a stop at Aldringen (actually this is Centre-Hamilius to be correct). Check the schedule here and watch out for operating days: …hafas.de/hafas/query.exe/en…

From: Centre Hamilius or Luxembourg Gare routiére to Echternach; the line ends at the train station in Echternach, this is steps from the pedestrian shopping street., it's a small town perfectly walkable.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

Defunct train station that is, now CFL gare routière. He he, I remember in my youth a small gauge steam powered train used to leave from Luxembourg- Charly's Gare right through the city centre all the way to Echternach niederanven.eu/content/view/56/43/lang,en/

Bertrange...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

The bus station (Gare routiere) for the trip to Echternach is right outside the Gare. Just walk right out the front door to the station and look for bus 110 or 111. There are three different bus systems in Luxembourg, but they do not share numbers, so there is no risk of getting on the wrong bus.

Enjoy Echternach!

6. Re: Luxembourg train station and bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 09:17