We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter Flights

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Helicopter Flights

I would love to treat my husband to a helicopter flight around the island for his birthday, which we will be celebrating at la Phoenicia Hotel in Valetta from 9th - 23rd May. Are there any travel agents or tour operators that do this sort of thing? I do hope someone can help because otherwise I can't think of another treat for my lovely husband.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter Flights

There was such a service available up to last year but it has now been stopped. However a new service is going to commence as from Easter of a helicopter flight between Malta and Gozo. However I do not know if the flights around Malta is going commence once again. I would suggest that you could just the same take the flight to Gozo and then spend at least a day there and return by ferry or by helicopter again. I don't have the schedule yet but I suggest that you ask at your hotel once you are in Malta. The Phoenicia Hotel is one of the finest and I am sure they would be able to help you.

malta
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter Flights

I would suggest

malta
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter Flights

Please excuse my last entry.

The new helicopter service is now operational however I am not sure whether they do sightseeing flights. They mainly operate ferry flights to Malta's sister island Gozo. Even if they did it would probably be rather expensive. I would suggest a flight on a light aircraft. As far as I know there are no agents who cater for this sort of thing, which is a pity because on a clear day (most of them are) the coast around the islands is really beautiful. However there is a flying school which does sightseeing and photographic flights. I would not like to break the rules of this website, but if you email me on claudiopace@nextgen.net.mt I would be more than happy to give you a link to a good website and also an email address of a very good friend of mine who happens to be an instructor at this school.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter Flights

hi the new service started 27 march amid lots of contrversy of the price for adults it is 50ml ret approx 82gbp far over priced however you can book this with airmalta or go to the helesureste web sit but be wary because this is a new service lots of the flights are cancelled due to lack of passengers good luck it seats 13

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter Flights

Thank you all so much for your help. I really appreciate your advice. I am really looking forward to being in Valletta again in May.... 2 weeks and 2 days (but who is counting??!!)

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Helicopter Flights

im sure you will have a loverly time the phoenicia is a lovevely hotel and prime p[osition hope the weather is good for

Get answers to your questions about Valletta