We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Full Days in Malta

Level Contributor
25 posts
2 Full Days in Malta

Hello! I am staying 2 full days (and 3 nights) in Valletta this month. A few questions:

1. What is the best way for tourists to get around the island? I've heard that buses are reliable, but I also love driving ATV's -- is this something people do to drive around the island? If so, how long would it take to get around?

2. I'd love to visit the blue lagoon or blue grotto. Does this make sense from Valletta even though they're on the other side of the island? I've also seen some locals on this forum say there are more beautiful beach spaces, what would those be?

Other recommendations during our short stay? What is must-see and must-do?

3 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
160 reviews
1. Re: 2 Full Days in Malta

To be honest I would hire the smallest car possible as parking is an issue and there are very few open roads to enjoy anything larger.

Malta has 375,000 vehicles on this small island so expect traffic, especially around the Valletta conurbation area. Think of many towns joined to make a significant urban area.

I'd likely head for The Blue Grotto early one morning. Its a bit early for full-on beach days but things are picking up. Gnejna & Ghajn Tuffeiha are pretty spots. Drive out along Dingli Cliffs for some lovely views. Take in Mdina on your route.

Signage is weak so a sat nav and a planned itinerary may be a benefit.

You won't need a car in Valletta so it seems you may only need one for a day?

Sliema, Malta
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: 2 Full Days in Malta

For ATV, which is my personal favorite, book with https://www.gozopridetours.com/en/home.htm

My family is on their way right now for the full day tour. I unfortunately cannot go as staying with my sister who hurt her leg in a fall. But the tour includes pick up and drop off at your accommodation, ferry to Gozo, quads including helmets, full lunch and a boat trip back via Comino blue lagoon and cave tour. Cost is 90 Euros

Sliema, Malta
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: 2 Full Days in Malta

There is also a hop on hop off bus with 2 routes that are great to see many sites/locations. Cost is 20 Euros we went on the north route yesterday to Dingli Cliffs, Rabat, Mdina, craft village and other locations, picking up the bus at the main terminus in Valletta. Wonderful day

Reply to: 2 Full Days in Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted