We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute hypogeum tickets

San Diego...
11 posts
Save Topic
Last minute hypogeum tickets

Tried to book tickets 2 weeks in advance but they are already sold out. I saw on their website that a limited number of tickets are available for purchase the day before at a museum in Valletta, and also the Archeological Museum in Gozo. Anyone have experience with this? We are looking for tickets around May 25-27

6 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

As I understand it, those are tickets that are primarily kept back in case they are needed for VIP's.

If the VIP's don't want them, then they are made available to everyone else.

These tickets cost twice as much as the normal tickets and need to be purchased from the Fort St Elmo War Museum at the north east tip of Valletta (not in the City Centre).

P-t-B

England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

Sorry - I should have said that the last minute tickets are €5 more expensive for adults - it is only double the cost for students !

P-t-B

Edited: 16 May 2018, 06:24
Sliema, Malta
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

We tried to buy same day tickets this past weekend. The curator and sign said they are pre-booked until July 3rd. However he said they sell tickets at 9:00am each day for the following day, but that people queue up at 7:00 am for those tickets. Example, if you want visit the site on Tuesday, you would need to wait in line before 9:00am on Monday to purchase those Tuesday tickets.....and hopefully they don’t run out of daily tickets before you reach the front of the queue.

England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

That is very useful information - I presume that you tried to buy those tickets from Fort St. Elmo ?

P-t-B

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

Hi, I'm traveling to Malta on Sep 23 and also missed the window to purchase hypogeum tickets in advance :( I'm going to try to snag last minute tickets by this magical line you speak of.. Would you mind confirming the location?

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute hypogeum tickets

Fort St Elmo - the National War museum. From City Gate head straight down Republic Street to the bottom and Fort St. Elmo is to your left. Just follow the signs to the War Museum entrance.

Reply to: Last minute hypogeum tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted