We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Dublin
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

I just got the opportunity to go to Malta the beginning of June for 7 nights.Is it possible to get a nice hotel for a "mature" person in Sliema or St Julians on a budget of approx 100 euro a night?. I could go over that price if that is not possible. Many thanks for any advice.

13 replies to this topic
Malta
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Hello, for 100 Euros per night you can easily find hotels around the local night life area in St Julians also knows as Paceville. Most of the hotels in this area are good, although, the area is very noisy and jam packed with people during the weekend. I would avoid cheap apartments or very cheap hotels in this area as party goers use these places as cheap accommodation.

As hotel prices vary depending on the booking date, you could possibly also find a hotel in Sliema or St Julians for 100 euros, although, generally the prices are around 120-190 Euros a night. Sliema is a much much more tranquil area, with beautiful views and little to no noise. I would highly recommend this area for a "Mature" visitor.

Some other noteworthy mentions are also the big hotels that are excellent (Westin, Hilton, Radisson..). These hotels are located on the outskirts of Paceville (ranging from 200m-500m from the centre) and you should have no problems regarding noise and people.

The Sliema/St Julians area is very popular so finding reviews shouldn't be a problem.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 10:12
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,406 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Have a look at the Preluna Hotel in Sliema.

Good hotel in nice location.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
5,765 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

If you can tolerate basic and simple there will be a choice available. Just be sure what you are booking as some rooms only have windows onto internal shafts, this being a common feature in older buildings.

Best study the reviews as sadly I think there will be a degree of compromise.

Qawra might provide better options but it is very much a tourist area. B&B might be another way to go?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

The Preluna is more like €150 a night or more, even for room only, and appears to have limited availability for that week;

http://www.preluna.com/vacancies

Other booking agents including TA may have more room allocations.

You could try their lower budget sister property the Astra

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,406 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

I think I was being a bit optimistic with recommending the Preluna hotel.

My thoughts were probably based on the times when I am in Malta which is usually the winter period when prices are lower .

You could probably get a better deal in the Bugibba / Qawra area .

Graham

london
Level Contributor
429 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

The Plaza or Plaza Regency might just about suit that budget and well positioned between Sliema and St Julians

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,480 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Graham - think you're right - the Preluna has some smaller rooms for tonight for about 90 euros, but not in June..

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,406 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Choice Holidays ( NOT First choice ) have some decent bargains and are very helpful.

They have a Freephone number so it might be worth while giving them a ring.

The call is taken in their Malta office but will cost you nothing to give them a ring and see what they can offer

Here is the link.

https://www.choiceholidays.eu/

Hope they can help.

Graham

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,677 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Have a look at the Park Hotel in Sliema they also have apartments just off the main Tower road nice and quiet at night but within easy reach of restaurants and the bus stops.

Dublin
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?

Thank you so much for all your replies. It does look like 100 euro a night would not be sufficient. I was saving up to go on a really good holiday later in the year but this week off just came up. I will up my game and go for a nice hotel for up to 150 euro a night - might as well enjoy my week in Malta. Thank you again for your advice.

Reply to: Hotel for approx 100 euro a night?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted