We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The over the hill gang.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
Save Topic
The over the hill gang.

Are there any discounts to attractions or transport concessions available to senior EU citizens?

Thank you for any advice.

6 replies to this topic
hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,856 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The over the hill gang.

No transport discounts, but most attractions will give a discount for 60+.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The over the hill gang.

Bus ticket €21 for the week each so €3 a day about the best you will get.Ho Ho will give you a free boat trip from Sliema into Valletta and around the harbour in Valletta about 2 hours great for photos.

Mentioned in this post
Sliema
Sliema
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
794 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The over the hill gang.

The HoHo bus ticket used to also entitle you to a free harbour cruise but I don't think that applies any longer. There are sometimes good offers on the "Deal Today" website if you book in advance.

There are generally concessions on entrance fees to museums and other attractions although sometimes the reductions aren't particularly generous. However we recently went to a performance at the Manoel Theatre in Valletta and were happy to get tickets at half price for 60+.

Some price lists state that 60+ reductions are only valid for holders of a Maltese senior citizens' pass, but on a couple of occasions I've pleaded and been allowed the concession (I'm from Yorkshire, you know!). This is also the case for the ferries from Sliema to Valletta and Valletta to Bormla - it only costs 50c for Maltese pensioners so I've only paid 50c the last few times. Sorry if that makes me sound a bit mean.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 21:37
Mentioned in this post
Manoel Theatre
Manoel Theatre
369 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Sliema
Sliema
Island of Malta, Malta
Cospicua (Bormla)
Cospicua (Bormla)
Island of Malta, Malta
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The over the hill gang.

Willie I thought you were Geoff Boycott.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
794 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The over the hill gang.

I think "Sir Geoffrey" would be able to pay full price even though he's a pensioner...

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The over the hill gang.

Many thanks for your advice and tips. I'll buy the weekly bus ticket and look into the HoHo.

All packed and ready for tomorrow.

Reply to: The over the hill gang.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted