We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Day Visit End of May

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
4 Day Visit End of May

Hi

I’m going to Malta May 24-29. It’s my first time coming from the US. I would like to experience a little bit of the beautiful water, a little culture/history, a little shopping, and a little anything else. If you are familiar with Malta would you please recommend an Itinerary for a first timer? I don’t know how big the island is and how long it takes to get around. I don’t know how far Gozo is from Valletta.

I would like to stay in either the corinthia or Kempinski hotel.

3 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,412 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Day Visit End of May

The island is 17 miles by 9 ,so fairly small really,

Gozo is much smaller ,about a third of the area and is reached by ferry from the terminal at Cirkewwa is about a half hour sailing.

As for itinerary , in your short stay you need to spend one full day in Valletta and half a day visiting Mdina and Rabat.

If you can find time the historic Three Cities ,across from the Grand Harbour is worth visiting.

Then with a trip to Gozo that should take up your time .

See if you can find a decent guide book to Malta and have a read ,

The history of this small country is quite amazing ,

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Day Visit End of May

The Kempinski Hotel is in Gozo,so would limit your travelling to Valletta and Mdina etc.Better to stay in Malta for a 4day visit.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,412 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Day Visit End of May

Have a look at staying at the Phonecia Hotel .

It is situated near to the gate into Valletta and only a couple of hundred yards from the bus station making it easy to get about the island

Graham

Reply to: 4 Day Visit End of May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted