We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - ProCar?

NYC
Level Contributor
412 posts
114 reviews
Car Rental - ProCar?

Hi all,

I'm pricing around car rentals and the best quote I've received so far is from ProCar.

I did read one bad review from someone from London and was wondering if anyone else has rented from them that can offer advice. Or recommend another car place that may have good prices.

We would like an automatic car.

Thanks so much!

Robyn.

Special Offer
Northern Lights Night Tour from...
1,038 Reviews
from USD 47.10*
USD 52.30
Best Seller
Southern Iceland Glaciers, Waterfalls...
Best Seller
Golden Circle Classic Day Trip from...
2,259 Reviews
from USD 52.30*
231 replies to this topic
Skogar, Iceland
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

I think they have a fair price, http://www.icelandcarrentals.is/index.php

MONTGOMERY VILLAGE
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

I heard ProCar was good. But my husband and I were there at the end of June and used Nordica they had the best price - about $70 US per day, which included pick up, insurance and a free upgrade v

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

I just used http://www.reykjavikrentacar.is/ and they were amazing! Very helpful, nice people, model 2010 car, and on time pickup from the airport. Plus their office is 1 minute from KEF

New York
2 posts
4. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

For the benefit of other people interested in Procar - Iceland.

I booked 2 days last week and i initially emailed them for a quote. Before getting the email quote back i went to their Reykjavik office and booked the cheapest car for 2 days at 6900ISK per day. I wanted to return the car to the Keflavik airport which they usually charge a fee but this was waived under a "special offer". So 2 day car hire with pickup at Reykjavik and drop off at Keflavik airport for 13800ISK, i was very happy, oh and they also gave me a GPS which was invaluable help.

After booking this i got back to Kex hotel (100m from Procar) and had an email from the company stating the fee would be 7600ISK per day plus 5900ISK fee to drop off at Keflavik airport, thats 21,000ISK. Obviously i was glad i went to the office and got the price so much cheaper. The car was great and definately recommend hiring a car and drive the golden circle yourself. In comparison before we hired the car my girlfriend and i did a Golden Circle for 8000ISK each. Hope this helps anyone out there and i would recommend Procar.

Ohhh and drop off at the airport involved leaving the keys in the car with the car unlocked in the P1 carpark.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
142 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

How do you get to the departures terminal from the P1 car park after dropping your car there ( with luggage etc with you ) ?

New York
2 posts
6. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

Hi,

The Keflavik international airport is small. The P1 carpark is around 20 metres from the front door. You can either walk your luggage to the terminal or run inside, grab a trolley and use it to cart your luggage. There are no stairs to worry about.

Hope this helps

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
142 posts
171 reviews
7. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

Thanks, based on your recommendation, I am going to book a subaru imprezza from them instead of my original choice of Hertz.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

I always book through holidayautos.com (a pre-paid, lock in the $ broker)- always been with Thrifty or Hertz in Iceland

Malta
Level Contributor
343 posts
122 reviews
9. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

I had a very positive experience with a car booked from Procar. It was a Hyundai i10 which fitted a large suitcase in the rear trunk and another smaller one between the kids. It only had 43000km and gave me a further 3000km with no problem at all. It had no problem ascending mountains and was very economical : 300km driven with half a tank, approximately ISK4500. The staff are very frienly and they are located in the middle of town, very easy to find from the seafront although you can arrange an alternative pickup for the car. Would book from them again and definitely recommend as they have a very fair price, being a local company.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Car Rental - ProCar?

We rented from Procar in Iceland in July. They were terrific. Good price, good car, nice, helpful staff. I definitely recommend them.

Reply to: Car Rental - ProCar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted