We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland by Car (rental from Geysir)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Iceland by Car (rental from Geysir)

Hi

My girlfriend and I are flying out to Iceland on Thursday the 3rd Feb and I'm looking to rent a car from Geysir Car Rental. We then plan on going on an organised tour on the Friday to see the northern lights (4x4 and Lobster Meal).

Does anyone have any advice on where we can drive in the rental car on the Thursday (night before) to try and see the lights? We are staying in Reykjavik.

Also, does anyone have any advice on Car Rental from Geysir? Should we specify Airport pickup or walk to the office? Also, do you recommend gravel damage or the full collison damage. These extras push the prices up!!!

Thanks

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Iceland
Iceland
Europe
Geysir Bistro Reykjavik
Geysir Bistro Reykjavik
989 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
Capital Region, Iceland
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
9,710 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland by Car (rental from Geysir)

Personally, I always take out all extra insurances as I don't want to be landed with a big bill if there is an accident. I feel it's worth it especially in the winter as the roads may be icey and that's how an accident could happen. I suppose gravel protection is debateable at this time of year as you most probably won't be travelling on gravel roads.

Only you can decide if it's worth taking the insurance. If you are happy to take the risk and know how much you will have to pay if there is an accident, don't take the insurance.

A lot of the car rental companies look cheap until you add the insurances. Look at a few companies, some use older cars than others.

Have a great trip it's a wonderful country.

roma
Level Contributor
174 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland by Car (rental from Geysir)

Hi Dasims,

Did you have problems with the Geysir Car Rental?

Mentioned in this post
Geysir Bistro Reykjavik
Geysir Bistro Reykjavik
989 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland
3. Re: Iceland by Car (rental from Geysir)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2012, 16:31
;