We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where and what to eat - single traveller

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where and what to eat - single traveller

Hi, I will be coming To Helsinki in late January, for a half day and overnight. I am traveling on my own before meeting my friends in Kittila next day.

I was wondering whether there were any "single traveller friendly" places to go for quick meal, coffee etc. I do not fancy going to McDonnalds or similar on my trip to Helsinki so please can anyone suggest where a female on her own can grab some food or drink in the city centre?

Thank you

Turku
Level Contributor
26 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where and what to eat - single traveller

I know how provocative this can be, but I have honestly never had a burger like Kerroshampurilainen anywhere else in the world. Some of you don't like it, but averadge finn sure eats it as it's the most popular fastfoodjoint in Finland.

Yeah pizza is italian, but maybe reindeerpizza is still finnish? Whats with the low self-esteem we can't take a dish from another country and make our own version... Perhaps many traditional finnish foods are originally from sweden, russia or germany. Even potato is fairly new to us right ;)

12. Re: Where and what to eat - single traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2013, 21:16