We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Tehran
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Hi all,

We (my wife and our 2-years son accompany me) arrive at the evening of 16th of Aug at the Vantaa airport and need to go to the Helsinki Central Station. After googling I found out that the best way is taking the P Commuter train via Tikkurila. Am I correct?

Also, should we exit the terminal 2 of the airport to access the train at Lentoaseman Asema? What are the directions? and in what frequency does the train come at 7pm?

Finally, how much do the tickets cost, and can I buy the tickets at the station on our arrival?

Thank you very much,

Pooya

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Hi, so your post is in the wrong forum, since Oulu is bit far from HEL...

Yes, you're correct with the trains. You'll find them by following the purple train logos at the terminals. The station is in the hallway connecting terminals 1 & 2. The trains run appr every 10 minutes at that time. Whichever train comes first, take it. The difference in travel times is just 5 mins.

You need a regional ticket that costs 5,50€ You can buy tickets from blue HSL automatons at the luggagge claiming areas, at the information desk, the R-kiosk land side or at an automaton next to the station entrance (sometimes very crowded). You can NOT buy tickets on board the train anymore.

Tehran
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Thanks for your reply. You are right. I posted in the wrong form. My mistake was because we are going to Oulu as our final destination and we will stay just one night in Helsinki.

Helsinki
Destination Expert
for Helsinki
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Guessed that. You'd search for the train at OUL airport for a looong time. Not that it wouldn't be handy there. The airport is faaar from town there :(

Tehran
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Thanks. Actually we want to go to the steet Lyötynkatu from Oulu Airport. My search resulted in going with bus line #8 which we can take exactly outside the airport and comes every 20 minutes. Am I right? Any other suggestions?

Oulu, Finland
Level Contributor
190 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

Bus #8 is perfect for you. You can also take #9, but the walk to Lyötynkatu is a bit longer.

There are also taxis at the airport.

6. Re: Going to the Central Station from the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Oulu
More Oulu Topics