We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year

Hi

I’m thinking of flying to Gothenburg for New Year.

What happens on New Years Eve? Where does everyone gather?

Also looking for a 4/5 star modern hotel as close to the centre as possible. It’s a treat so cost is not an issue.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Gothenburg
Gothenburg
Vastra Gotaland County, Sweden
Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year

If money is not an option I would suggest Avalalon or Elite Plaza, both are nice hotels in really good locations. Gothia Towers is good as well but a bit too large for some people's taste.

On new years eve a lot of people go outside to look at the GP fireworks around 5pm. Then around midnight people tend to get together a places with a view like Skansen kronan, the bridges, Masthuggskyrkan etc. Then there are more fireworks and lots of toasts! Most people spend the evening together with friend s but I guess there are events around clubs and hotels as well. If you want to have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants it's best to book as soon a spossibl.

Heaven 23 at Gothia Towers has a nice view. gothiatowers.com/en/…

Remember to dress warm if you plan to spend time outside on new years eve.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 04:10
Mentioned in this post
Gothia Towers
Gothia Towers
5,709 Reviews
Gothenburg, Sweden
Skansen Kronan
Skansen Kronan
297 Reviews
Gothenburg, Sweden
Masthuggskyrkan
Masthuggskyrkan
152 Reviews
Gothenburg, Sweden
2. Re: New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 15:16