We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year

Hi

I’m thinking of flying to Gothenburg for New Year.

What happens on New Years Eve? Where does everyone gather?

Also looking for a 4/5 star modern hotel as close to the centre as possible. It’s a treat so cost is not an issue.

Thanks

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
619 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year

If money is not an option I would suggest Avalalon or Elite Plaza, both are nice hotels in really good locations. Gothia Towers is good as well but a bit too large for some people's taste.

On new years eve a lot of people go outside to look at the GP fireworks around 5pm. Then around midnight people tend to get together a places with a view like Skansen kronan, the bridges, Masthuggskyrkan etc. Then there are more fireworks and lots of toasts! Most people spend the evening together with friend s but I guess there are events around clubs and hotels as well. If you want to have dinner at one of the nicer restaurants it's best to book as soon a spossibl.

Heaven 23 at Gothia Towers has a nice view. gothiatowers.com/en/…

Remember to dress warm if you plan to spend time outside on new years eve.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 04:10
2. Re: New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg