We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volvo overseas car delivery

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Volvo overseas car delivery

We are considering ordering a Volvo which would be ready mid to late November and are wondering about the travel experience that time of year. We have been to Europe 15 times but only in Stockholm for 3 nights and nowhere else in the region. We always traveled in the late spring. We live in San Francisco bay area so are used to temperate climate.

This trip will be 2 weeks and we are thinking of the ferry over to Germany to head south if that is best option in November or early December. Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated as we are likely to order the car shortly.

Or would it be substantially better to wait until spring to order as we enjoy scenery and architecture more than museums?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
707 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

November to early December can be somewhat harsh weather, lot of rain and temperatures around freezing, occasional snow as well, but not likely. It will also be dark and gloomy, not the most representive time of year for our part of the world.

Of course the autumn weather have its charm as well, but not for outdoor activities.

If possible spring would be more suitable, and then you can enjoy the scenery and enjoy the Nordic spring. But take into consideration that you will have wait longer fro your brand new Volvo, and then an autumn trip might be the way to go?

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

I totally agree with erikderek !

November is grey grey grey! If heading more south - like you plan to - you will for sure miss any chance of snow!

Wait till spring time or autumn early next year (like September).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

Thank you both Erikderek and Nisse2ears, we will take your advice and delay until a better time of year. The emphatic response was what I needed to hear.

Burlington, Vermont
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

My daughter and I are scheduled to fly from New Jersey to Gothenburg Sept. 25, then to Rome Oct. 29, and back to New Jersey Oct. 3. What kind of weather should we expect? Winter coats for Gothenburg? Jackets for Rome? All advice gratefully received.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
707 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

September weather, no need for winter clothes, autumn clothes is enough. A umbrella might be usefully item.

EK

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

Probably around 10-15C - I would definately bring a warm scarf!

7. Re: Volvo overseas car delivery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 02:36
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg