We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scandic Plaza Boras

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scandic Plaza Boras

Bit of a strange one!

I was about to book the Scandic Plaza Boras when I read on their website they are doing renovation work during the day. Does anybody know whether this is paticularly disruptive etc. . . It's the hotel with the best rate in Boras but don't want to be woken up at 7am and have breakfast with building work!!!

Many thanks

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

Yes, it does seem like there might be some disruptive noises during the daytime, judging by their website. Maybe you should e-mail them and ask before you make a reservation?

Out of curiosity - what will you be doing in Borås? :)

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

My fiance was born and lived in Boras for 20 years so we are going back to see where he used to live etc... catch up with people. And go to the zoo!!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

Oh, I see! I was curious 'cause not many people on this board talk about Borås. :)

The zoo is a good idea, and it's veeery big! If you like art, Borås konstmuseum is great. I've also heard good things about recently opened Abecita konstmuseum, http://www.abecitakonst.se/, but I've not yet been there.

Have a nice trip!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

When are you going?

I will pass by the hotel tomorrow - I will keep an extra eye and ear for you to see if it LOOK noisy.

PS Did you get my info on the buses?

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

Hello to all who have helped!

I am going to Boras 11th-13th September (then on to Gothenburg) so if you happen to hear or see anything worth knowing that would be great!!

I got your bus times yesterday thank you very much it's extremely helpful!! I shall look at websites today and try to work out the cheapest and quickest bus that ties in with our flight!

Many thanks to all

Lucy

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

The construcion area doesn't look too disturbing from the outside. It is along one side of the hotel - ask for a room facing main street.

London, England
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

Thank you very much for that. We don't feel as 'worried' now! I will contact the hotel and request a room on the main street.

Many thanks

8. Re: Scandic Plaza Boras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg