We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing between 2 hotels...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing between 2 hotels...

Attending a conference in Oct and it appears that every Trip Advisor recommended hotel is fully booked ( a convention conspiracy perhaps!) - in any case managed to get room at Hotel Arena and Hotel Maria Eriksson. Any local knowledge on location and comparison would be greatly appreciated.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
638 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

In my opinion Maria Eriksson is in a better location, it's only a 10-15 min walk from the congress centre and its right off Avenyn with shops and restaurants. It' salso close to the art museum as well as the arts and crafts museum if you're into museums.

I'm not at all familiar with the Arena hotel even though I've lived just around the corner. It's not too far from the congresscentre either,perhaps 25 min walk or a couple of stops if you take the tram and it's an ok area.

There are two medical conferences in October and they usually fill the hotels. Flora and Vanilj are two other small hotels that might be worth checking into. Another option is Annes hus (only four rooms) …o.se/Anneshus/…B6teborg.html

I guess it depends what you're after, if you will be busy a tthe conference or if you want to do some sightseeing as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

thank you so much - that is a great help!

Gothenburg, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

DEFINATELY Maria Eriksson!

Location is A LOT better.

Location location location =)

Estonia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

Hello, faced the same problem for my dates in the beginning of October - now EVERY hotel in Gothenburg is fully booked! Amazing..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

I just cancelled 2 rooms at the Arena hotel - if you are quick they may still be available! I booked through hotel.com. Good luck!

Estonia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

Thank you so much! But i just called them and they state that no cancellation has been received - could you please tell me which dates were those and when exactly did you cancel, I am really desperate to book anything at all!

Edited: 19 September 2010, 06:53
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

Did you try City Lagenhetshotell? It is very close to the conference center and it is a small hotel. You book directly with their website. We stayed there for a conference in June and it was inexpensive and very satisfactory.

Estonia
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

Yes... fully booked... :/

I am now trying to get the confirmation of the SGS Veckobostäder hotel / student hostel - they have private apartments and it seems to be close enough to the congress venue..

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

Good luck and hope all turns out well. If you need another lead, you could try StayAt Goteborg, which is an apartment hotel a bit further out from the conference center but still on the same road and connected by tram. It is a new hotel situated above a supermarket.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Choosing between 2 hotels...

There were 2 rooms booked from Oct 5-10. One single one double under surname Bekhor.

Get answers to your questions about Gothenburg
Recent Conversations