We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweden in three days

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sweden in three days

Hi everybody.

Can anyone give me a hint on where to visit and what to do/see in Sweden for only three days, by the end of March?

Me and my wife are going to fly from Oslo and end our trip in Copenhagen, and we'll have only three days to spend in Sweden (first time in Scandinavia)

We're considering spending our days in Stockholm and Gothenborg. Is that ok considering our short stay? If so, what are the recommendend areas to stay near the main attractions? Is Malmo or other small villages more worth to visit? To travel in this region, I'm assuming that the best way is by train, isn't it?

Are there a more interesting/scenic way to go to Copenhagen than thru Malmo?

Tks a lot for the help!

9 replies to this topic
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweden in three days

The best way to spend your days is to stay only in Stockholm. To further save time use plane, prices are low (SAS or Norwegian). Stay in the Old Town or in Norrmalm, the CBD. From Stockholm take the plane to Copenhagen or train to get a change in mode of transport.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweden in three days

Ugurd,

according to your experience, it will be smarter to stay only in Stklm and get to know it better. It makes sense.

Thanks

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
938 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweden in three days

Not sure if you save so much time by flying, train from Stockholm to Copenhagen is 5 hours, flight is at least one hour. But most people like to be at the airport 2 hours in advance, and (as the airport is far from the city center) leave your accomodation 3 hours before the flight. So in reality you only save about an hour by flying

Train from Oslo to Stockholm is also only 5 hours. vs 1 hour by flight (plus waiting time at the airport, getting to and from the airports, which are very far from the city center in both Stockholm and Oslo)

The train stations in Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen are right in the city centers.

Edited: 12 February 2018, 08:30
Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
938 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweden in three days

Train tickets you can get for 20 euro per person if you book early, from Oslo to Stockholm, and from Stockholm to Copenhagen. So 40 euro per person for the whole journey, considerably cheaper than flying. Book tickets at sj.se (1 euro = 10 kr)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,985 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweden in three days

I agree that it´s better just to focus on Stockholm.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweden in three days

Tks.

I can see that the timetable and prices at sj.se seem to be very good indeed. But can anyone tell me what currency is FR., showing at their english version website?

Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
938 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweden in three days

Currency displayed on the website is Swedish krona. 10 kronor = 1 euro, as simple as that (at current exchange rate).

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
864 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweden in three days

Fr should be read as "From" meaning "prices start at". So it is usually the price of a ticket in 2nd class that can't be changed.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweden in three days

Tks Anders!

Reply to: Sweden in three days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted