We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport

Paris, France
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport

Hello,

I am flying from London (Non-Schengen) to Arlanda and transferred to a domestic flight inside Sweden.

According to SAS website, minimum connecting time in Arlanda for SAS is 45 minutes from Non-Schengen to Domestic.

https:/…

My flight will be arriving in Terminal 5 and departing from Terminal 4 with only 1 hour connecting time. In this case, do you have to collect check-in luggage at Arlanda and check back again for a domestic flight? Do you have to go through passport control and customs? If it is a case, is there any lines?

I am a bit worried because my connection time given by SAS is so tight.

Thanks!

Edited: 12 May 2018, 02:34
3 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport

>In this case, do you have to collect check-in luggage at Arlanda and check back again for a domestic flight?

No

>Do you have to go through passport control and customs?

Yes and no.

>If it is a case, is there any lines?

Maybe, but for EEA-citizens the lines usually move fast.

>I am a bit worried because my connection time given by SAS is so tight.

15 minutes more than enough. Not that tight in my opinion, you will be fine.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport

As long as the flight from London is on time you've got time enough. Immigration could be a bottleneck if several non-Schengen flighs arrive at the same time. It's also a bit of a trek to change terminals, but not too bad.

Did a Domestic-Schengen connection at ARN a few years back (with a 5yo in tow) that only was 35 minutes (right on the MCT), and even though we had to reclear security we made it with time to spare.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport

I am sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you very much for the information.

Reply to: Minimum connecting time in Arlanda Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted