We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help

2 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help

Hi we need some advice of where to visit in Stockholm and how to best plan the onward trip.

Our original plan was to visit Copenhagen DK from 23-28 but decided to extend trip to Sweden from 19 May.

So we have figured we would arrive late on 19 in Stockholm stay till 22 early morning and go by train to Malmo. Stay in Malmo till 23 late afternoon and take train to Copenhagen.

Not sure if this is a good plan and where to go any advice will help.

Thanks ahead!!

3 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help

Malmö is not that interesting compared to the smaller towns in the area. If I where you I'd consider Lund, Helsingborg, Ystad (all in Sweden) or Helsingör (in Denmark) instead.

And you will have 2 days in Stockholm, but 5 in Copenhagen. 3-4 would be a better split in my opinion.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 18:25
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help

So it’s better just to stop at Malmo to get the train to Copenhagen? Maybe just spending a few hours walking around Malmo only?

If we did go to the other towns you mentiond what is the best way to travel between them? We where not planning to rent a car for this trip.

We are still unsure what to do in Stockholm any advice?

It’s only 4 days in Copenhagen as we fly out early on the 28 so we can’t do anything on that day. But thanks for recommending Helsingør will try to visit if I get enough of Copenhagen.

Thanks for the help

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help

>So it’s better just to stop at Malmo to get the train to Copenhagen? Maybe just spending a few hours walking around Malmo only?

Or you could just skip Malmö. Alight in Lund, spend the afternoon there and then take an evening train to Copenhagen. Or take the train to Helsingborg, spend some time there, then a ferry over to Helsingør and then an evening train to Copenhagen.

>If we did go to the other towns you mentiond what is the best way to travel between them?

There are plenty of trains between the towns.

>We are still unsure what to do in Stockholm any advice?

Depends on what you are interested in.

Reply to: Stockholm-Malmo-Copenhagen trip 19-28May help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted