We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

hello all.

we should be flying in to the stockholm Bromma airport on a sunday afternoon..and there only we plan to buy 72 hour paper ticket for two adults and 2 kids(15,8)..though we dont intend to use it until next afternoon..from the airport we prefer to take a taxi to our hotel in odenplan area.

please help me clarifying following doubts:

where can i buy it at Bromma airport upon arrival? would this ticket be available at odenplan metro or train station as well? at the vending machine or at some manual kiosk ?

also if this 72 hours ticket will start as soon as we first use it..or when we buy it ?please confirm?

another query..do we need to validate this ticket everytime, we use any public transport or just once at the start and then keep it with us for next 3 days and show upon checking?

at the end of 72 hours if my journey starts before the expiry time but ends after the ticket gets expired..will that be a valid travel?

as we are 4 in family,,is there some family ticket thing..just a single ticket for 4 of us for 72 hours?

many thanks in advance

13 replies to this topic
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

>where can i buy it at Bromma airport upon arrival?

At Pressbyrån

>would this ticket be available at odenplan metro or train station as well?

Yes

>at the vending machine or at some manual kiosk ?

Probably both

>also if this 72 hours ticket will start as soon as we first use it..or when we buy it ?please confirm?

It will activate itself the first time you use it.

>another query..do we need to validate this ticket everytime, we use any public transport or just once at the start and then keep it with us for next 3 days and show upon checking?

You'll need it to open the gates to the metro/commuter train, and to show bus drivers that you have a valid ticket.

>as we are 4 in family,,is there some family ticket thing..just a single ticket for 4 of us for 72 hours?

No family tickets available as far as I know.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

>at the vending machine or at some manual kiosk ?

In the manual ticket booth and at Pressbyrån, not in the vending machine.

>as we are 4 in family,,is there some family ticket thing..just a single ticket for 4 of us for 72 hours?

But, if some of these four are children, depending on the children's ages, you might not need tickets for them:

1. Children under 7 years travel for free when travelling with an adult with a valid ticket.

2. From Fridays 12:00 to Sundays 24:00 up to six children that has not yet turned 12 travel for free when travelling with an adult with a valid ticket.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 19:09
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

Thanku so much for all the info.i suppose vending machine is still doubtful...no problem..i guess pressbyran will solve the purpose..and i assume there should be one at odenplan as well near to our hotel.

Both my kids are above the free travel age criteria..and also my days are monday to thursday in stockholm..so free travel for kids on weekends..not for us:(

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

There is at least one in the Odenplan main metro entrance.

Your kids might be eligible for a discounted youth ticket anyway, as long as they haven't turned 20 yet.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

Thanks a lot for your help...

I messaged the pressbyran odenplan on their facebook page yday just to confirm whether they sell 72 hour ticket with out the access card....then this is what they replied

"Pressbyrån Odenplan

Hi no only the access card in plastic. So you will havs to have one or buy one of those"

This confused me..i dont want to waste 21×4 sek to get an access card...when paper ticket can be available even without that...anyone please correct if i hv understood it wrong

Huddinge...
Level Contributor
333 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

All place dosen't sale 72h ticket as singel ticket. You can always use the ticket machines at the train station.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

But as per post#2..even vending machine don't sell it.

If anyone is having any recent experience of buying this single use 72 hour paper ticket with out the plastic card? Kindly suggest.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 16:28
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

You could also try the 7-11 at Odengatan 77/Odenplan. They are supposed to have it according to the SL sales points map.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
330 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

Ok...thanks a lot..will check it there...but i really wonder that why this ticket is not easily available at any vending machine or at every sales point.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 18:17
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card

My guess: because it's from thin cardboard and not very suitable for 3 day use. We often have the 24h cardboard card and it barely survives. Access card costs you almost nothing and is plastic so it survives the pockets and accidental liquids.

Reply to: 72 hour paper ticket with out the SL access plastic card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted