We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

Hi, I'll be travelling from Almhult to Stockholm by train in June and although I'd prefer to catch the direct SJ High-speed train X2000, it's either too early or too late for me. On the SJ website it says i can also catch a Krösatågen local train from Almhult to Alvesta and then catch the SJ high speed x2000 to Stockholm but there's only 10 mins for me to change trains. I just want to ask how punctual are the Krösatågen trains and how much time will I need to change trains at Alvesta station? Thanks in advance.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 14:58
Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
4 replies to this topic
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

Alvesta has bridge above the tracks if you need to change platform. But if I remember correctly they use tracks on the same platform for that change. Should be no problem!

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

Alvesta is a small station. 10 minutes is more than enough. And if the Krösatåg is late, you can take the next train to Stockholm.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

Thanks AndersE & Jonas_TGB.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station

As long as you buy the whole trip in one ticket there is no need to worry, the connection will be protected. So if the first train is late, the staff will help you get to your destination (probably by rebooking you on the next X2000).

(And when asking about a change in Alvesta, the Alvesta forum would be a bit more fitting than the Stockholm forum…)

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Reply to: Almhult to Stockholm- changing trains at Alvesta Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted