We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Copenhagen

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Copenhagen

I read that taking the bus to Malmo was the best way to see the bridge. Is the central station, Malmö Central Station, Centralplan, 211 20 Malmö the station where the bus will arrive from Copenhagen. Is this also the train station. We will be departing on the train for Stockholm. Could someone also advise a few hotels that are nice and within walking distance to the bus and train station.

Thanks for your help

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
586 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Copenhagen

As far as I can make out the terminal for the long range buses is just across the canal from the Central station, ca 100 m away on Norra Vallgatan. There may be stops in Malmö before you get here though (very likely).

I know two hotels from personal experience, Elite Savoy is a traditional first class hotel very close to the Central Station and Mayfair a bit further along east. The latter is somewhat smaller but very nice. They have a famous 'tunnel' bar where the Beatles are said to have visited.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Copenhagen

If it's the Graahundbus 999 you're taking ( graahundbus.dk/999-koebenhavn-malmo-centrum ), it terminates at Gustav Adolfs Torg. It's a ten minute walk from the central station (just some 800 metres) so quite close: https://goo.gl/maps/hibyobJz2h42

Edited: 23 January 2017, 20:53
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Copenhagen

Thanks for your reply. I did see the Elite Hotel on the map and that it seemed to be the closest hotel. Good to know that you have stayed there and it is a nice hotel.

Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Copenhagen

Thank you for the link for the bus schedule.

5. Re: Bus from Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2018, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Malmo