We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton and Hove in the summer with kids

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Brighton and Hove in the summer with kids

My family of 6 will be staying in the Brighton/Hove area for the summer this year. We are looking for fun activities for the kids (6,9,13,14). Obviously, the pier will be a hit, but does anyone know if you can buy a season pass for the rides, as opposed to paying by the day? Also, any other advise for kid-friendly activities, swimming pools, and general summer family fun would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies to this topic
Sussex
Level Contributor
65 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton and Hove in the summer with kids

Hi, there is a lot to do with children https://www.visitbrighton.com/

I believe that wrist bands are available on the pier, cheaper booked in advance - £20 each last summer.

You can take a bus up to devils dyke for a country walk, walk along the prom to Hove Lagoon which is a play area and paddling pool. There is also a skate park and other activities. You could get the bus to seven sisters country park for a walk.

Hove Park has a nice play area and cafe and is perfect for a picnic. You’ve not mentioned if you’re have access to a car? If you do I’d recommend a day out at Knockhatch in Hailsham about 30 mins from Brighton. It would suit the whole age range. Animal centre with lots of out door activities. My kids never tired of it.

London is of course easily assessable from Brighton by train. There are two swimming pools, The Prince Regent in Brighton and the King Alfred on the seafront in Hove. Brighton marina has a cinema and bowling complex with amusements inside.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,520 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton and Hove in the summer with kids

Lots of possibilities on the "dayoutwiththekids" website.....

Reply to: Brighton and Hove in the summer with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brighton and Hove
More Brighton and Hove Topics