We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

NYC
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

We will arrive Copenhagen int'l airport, and our curise ship (Star Princess) will depart from Frihavnen 245/ Flex terminal.

1)What is the best way to go to the cruise terminal from the airport? There will be 5 of us (adults) with luggages. What are my options?

2)At the end of our cruise, we will stay in Copenhagen for one night at Norlandia Star Hotel (near Tivoli Garden), what is the best way to go to hotel from the cruise terminal?

3)How about from the Hotel to the airport?

4)Any suggestion / idea for one day Copenhagen tour will be appreciated!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Hi,

1) Port's recommendations: cmport.com/Business/…20Information.aspx

As you are 5 you will need a "big" taxi. That will increase the cost by approx. 50%

Public transport costs DKK 34.50 per person.

2) A "big" taxi to your hotel will cost DKK 250-300.

The nearest S-train station is Nordhavn Station. It takes 15 minutes walk (see the sign in the port). Take the S-train to Central Station (4 stops) and the walk 100 m to your hotel. Costs: DKK 23 per person

3) A "big" taxi to the airport will cost DKK 400-500.

Train from the Central Station will cost DKK 34.50 per person.

4) You can find inspiration here: visitcopenhagen.com/content/…inspiration

Hans

NYC
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Thanks for the info! Are the "big taxi" readily availiable in the airport and in the cruise terminals? Or so I need to make special reservation in advance? One big taxi will fit 5 adults and luggages?

On our last day, do you recommend that we buy any kind of one day pass? If so, where and what card should we get? Will the pass cover the train from central station to the airport? And transportation in downtown area?Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Whether to buy a pass or not depends on how much you intend to travel on public transport. You can walk to most places in Copenhagen within 30-45 minutes.

Single rides in the city cost DKK 23 per person. A City Pass which includes the train to the airport costs DKK 70 for 24 hours. Passes can be bought at Central Station.

Hans

NYC
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

I will plan to take the big taxi from the airport to the pier terminal, and upon completion of the cruise take the big taxi from the cruise terminal to the hotel near Central station. We will do some sightseeing in downtown area for one day, and either take the train from the central station or take the big taxi again to the airport. Are the big taxi readily available in the airport and by the cruise terminal? Or do we need to make prior reservation, if so, how?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

"Big" taxis are normally available at the airport and by the cruise terminal. If not, just get a taxi driver to call for one.

Hans

NYC
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

For our cruise we will be visiting several countries, danmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, and Russia. Do we need to bring local money or do they generally accept US dollars. I am talking about maybe buying some souvanirs and snacks etc

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Hi,

I can only speak for Denmark.

Very few shops, restaurants etc. will accept US Dollars, and if they do it will be at a very poor rate for you.

Hans

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
8. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Hi Hans,

I must first thank you for all the very useful information that you had provided to us at various sections of this Forum.

I together with my wife and 3 children aged 7 to 13 shall be leaving our hotel on the 10th August for our Star Princess cruise from Freeport at around noon which is the hotel's nromal check out time, and we have plenty of time to get to the Freeport because the latest boarding is at around 5pm, so I am thinking of trying to get there by the City Bus 26. The hotel that we shall be leaving from is the Copenhagen Plaza near the Central Station, I am just wondering if it is a good idea or not because I am not sure if there is a No.26 city bus stop near the hotel and whether there shall be room for our 2 suitcases and 3 hand carry-ons on this bus?

Also since we are a party of 5 but with a 7 year old, do you think an ordinary taxi would take us there, or are they pretty strict with this 4 persons to one taxi rule?

Please advise and with many thanks.

khsu

Hong Kong
1 post
9. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

How may we go from the Airport to the Frihavnen 245/Flex Terminal Pier by public transportation? How much will it cost us and how long will it take ?

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: To and From FRIHAVNEN 245/Flex Terminal

Hi,

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

Depends on the day of the week.

Hans