We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor is scamming you

Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
131 reviews
Trip Advisor is scamming you

Do not ever book a hotel on TripAdvisor. You will pay for your hotel and receive a confirmation number that seems to indicate you actually have a reservation. You will show up at the hotel only to find out they have no reservation in your system, but your money is gone. Trip advisor is an absolute scam and we must bring this to the attention of everyone in the outside world.

4 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Trip Advisor is scamming you

Wrong forum it seems - belongs to the Tripadvisor Support Forum as long as you specify nothing about your bad experience

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12…

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
32 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Trip Advisor is scamming you

What is your hotel in Copenhagen ? Is that why you’ve posted in this particular forum?

I never book hotels through TripAdvisor. It quickly became obvious that the only reason they are quoting what appear to be low rates is because they are are only quoting fully prepaid nonrefundable rates. Non-prepaid and refundable rates are much higher. In many cases the hotels have their own prepaid rates that you can book directly and are just as good as the TripAdvisor rate. Same goes for the other booking sites booking.com hotels.com etc.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
32 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Trip Advisor is scamming you

But you should be able to dispute the charge directly with your credit card company.

Aalborg, Denmark
Level Contributor
357 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Trip Advisor is scamming you

I never use Tripadvisor for booking hotels. I use well renowned booking sites, or book directly with hotel.

Use booking.com, hotels.com, Trivago or momondo.com or whatever the sites are called in USA

Reply to: Trip Advisor is scamming you
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted