We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen for a child free week!

Bradford
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Copenhagen for a child free week!

Hi, we are heading north from the UK for a sneaky kid free few days ( If you have kids, you'll know! ) Low / mid budget. Really no idea of areas ( wife is trying to figure some out as I type ) best would be a B+B so we can sample plenty of different eateries! Don't want to be near a busy road if possible for sleeping. Or is it better to sleep all day and party all night 😀 20years ago maybe! The reason for the lack of research is we are going next week as grandparents are taking wee man away for a week and we thought " What the hell, let's go somewhere! " Seriously last minute! Any tips / ideas / places to avoid would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for helping.

2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
89 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Copenhagen for a child free week!

Hi

If you look at CPH card or VisitCopenhage you can get some inspiration.

You can go with a free walking tour, eg Grand Tour (3 hours total) which brings you to a lot of sights in Copenhagen. This is a tip based tour.

We had a canal tour and we went with Stromma and also with Netto. The Stromma tour was a bit more expensive and the guide was better. A canal tour is a relaxed way to see a lot in a short time.

If you want to visit a palace, Christianborg palace is imo beautiful, they have great free guided tours. Fredensborg palace can only be visited between beginning of July until approx 4 August, you can only go with a guided tour (only 2x a day in English). Fredensborg palace has a beautiful baroque garden.

If you want to visit The little Mermaid, this is close to Amalienborg Palace. When the family is in town they have changing of the guards at 12am.

If you want to relax, there is a beautiful park nearby Nørreport station.

Nyhavn has very nice restaurants.

Tivoli is an amusment park it's across the CPH Central Station. They have a lot of attractions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
320 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Copenhagen for a child free week!

I wrote a 4-day guide to Copenhagen on my blog if you’d like to take a look. I’m assuming you’ve already booked a place to stay by now, but Airbnb is a great option in an expensive city like CPH.

https:/…

Reply to: Copenhagen for a child free week!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted