We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
40 posts
18 reviews
Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

We have a bit of a tight turnaround between our arrival at the airport and meeting friends for a boat ride in Copenhagen.

Is it true that there are hot dog carts on every corner? If this holds true for Nyhavn, I'm thinking it would mean a quick and easy lunch on the go.

We have a senior in our group, so I try to keep our walking to well-planned routes.

Thanks!!!!

Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
205 Reviews
from USD 155.40*
Copenhagen Card
694 Reviews
from USD 62.30*
Copenhagen Food Tour
220 Reviews
from USD 132.80*
5 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
384 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

"On every corner" would be an exaggeration, but you can easily find one in the city centre.

I can't remember if there's one/some at Nyhavn, as I wouldn't normally go there.

I would recommend trying DØP (but not if it means you'll have to do a big detour) http://www.døp.dk/en/Default.aspx

Edited: 23 June 2018, 09:41
California
Level Contributor
39 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

We were just there and saw some, but not "one on every corner".

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

There is one in Nyhavn not far from Kgs. Nytorv, and close to the departure point of the harbor cruise.

California
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
332 reviews
4. Re: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

Before we went to Denmark, I saw a few videos on hot dog carts and thought that they must be everywhere. Wrong. We spent 8 nights in Copenhagen and I think I saw two. Did not eat from one so can't give review but they looked like long thin hot dogs. I certainly would not go out of my way for a hot dog!

Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?

I WOULD absolutely go out out of my way for a Danish hotdog!! Best in the world. Yes, there is a stand right next to the boat departures in Nyhavn. There are many stands all along Strøget. The stands are an affordable option for great eating. They are all good- of course some are better than others. I personally think the one in the City Hall Square is the best.

Edited: 29 June 2018, 00:24
Reply to: Hot Dog Carts Nyhavn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted