We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Seattle
Level Contributor
367 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Thank you in advance, I am so excited to be in Copenhagen for 2 full days and one 1/2 day ( before my afternoon flight). Hans Christian Andersen and Danish design/ culture are my focus. With long hours of daylight in mid- July would it be likely less crowded at tbe statue in the early morning, like 7:00, or later at night? My 2 full days are Sunday and Monday, so I plan to go to the Louisiana and Kronborg Castle Sunday ( since museum is closed Monday according to the website)? I wonder about going to the Mermaid prior to the train ( which could now be a bus?!) I also wonder about the HCA puppet shows in King's Garden? At 14:00 and 15:00? Daily in July? Hard to tell. Thank you so much!

7 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Hi,

I imagine there's more room in the early morning hours, but I'm not sure as I (and most other locals) rarely pass the statue. But it's a public statue, so even if there are a lot of other people, there are no lines, so you just walk up and look at it.

As you say Louisiana is closed on Mondays, which is a normal day for museums to be closed.

There will be maintenance work on Kystbanen (the train line between Copenhagen and Helsingør) in July, so you'll have to take a bus. See how you get there on http://www.journeyplanner.dk

If you're talking about the puppet show by Marionet Teatret, their show times are listed here http://www.marionetteatret.dk/uk/

Seattle
Level Contributor
367 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Thank you so much! My planning was poor to not allow for the Monday closures of both Louisiana and the puppets...it appears using the bus vs train to Louisiana is double the time with 3 transfers?! I wonder if some express options might be offered during July's busy tourist season? Thanks, more!

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Bus vs train? Taking the train to Humlebæk (the station near Louisiana) won't be an option in July. You'll have to take a replacement bus. What data did you feed the journey planner with? You can get from Copenhagen to Louisiana with just 1 transfer in July.

Seattle
Level Contributor
367 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Thank you! I tried again with my actual date and found the 1 and 1/2 hour one transfer option. Would it make more sense, with needing to use the bus, to visit Kronborg Castle first or after- my original plan assumed the train...more thanks!

Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
294 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

You're welcome.

In regards to what's better to do first, I really don't see a difference - travel time will be approx. the same. It depends on the opening times and what you want to do first.

California
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Personally, I would not waste time going to see the statue unless it is so very important. We were there last month about 2 pm and there must have been four tour buses with tons of people. If I went again, it would be late evening.

Seattle
Level Contributor
367 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...

Thank you, I will definitely avoid the mid- afternoon, and go either very early morning or later at night for my hoped- for moment. Hans Christian Andersen sites are my primary focus, so despite her small size and huge popularity she is at the top of my list!

Reply to: Least popular time to view The Little Mermaid!? And also...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted