We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Hello Skiathos lovers.

You have all convinced me to book. We go 29th August to Elenis in Achladies. We have 2 weeks, and the first week is with my 18 year old and his best friend. We then put them on a plane while we enjoy week 2!!

Question; they would like to explore secluded beaches by small boat hire. Where do I find a boat please? Any idea of costs?

Good recommendations for reasonably priced meals out with teenagers?

SO excited!!

Thank you in advance.

Teri.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

you can hire small motor boats of troulos beach i think i payed !00 euro for the day well worth it

March, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
2. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Hi Teri

You can hire boats from Achladies beach; I've often seen them going to a little island (Tsougria, I think).

I'm afraid I don't know about the costs but I'm going to Achladies for a fortnight on the 8th so I can see if I can find out then for you, if you like?

This will be my fourth visit to Achladies and I hope you fall in love with the island as much as I have!

Best wishes

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
168 reviews
3. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Hi - you can hire a boat from Vromolimnos beach - down the end by the watersports and if the sea is calm you can then go around the Island - the guys on the beach are very helpful and will advise. A trip over to Tsougria (small uninhabited island with a nice beach and taverna) is well worth a visit (tourist boats also go there from the harbour for Euro10 per person). If you go around to the North of the Island you will find the beaches of Mandraki and Kechria which are less touristy but you need a calm day. Lots of restaurant options but if you are out at Koukounaries do try Under the Pines which is by the supermarket - it serves the best gyros on the Island along with various grilled meats and wonderful salads - it is extremely good value (check out the reviews on trip advisor) and I'm sure the boy's will love it. Have a wonderful time - am sure you will love Skiathos.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Thank you so much for the advice. Really helpful and makes it even more exciting! Under the Pines is top of the list. Two hungry boys will love it! They are really looking forward to exploring the more remote aspects of the island so the boat advice is very welcome. Looking forward to posting the results, but not too eager as that means it will all be over!!

Thank you.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

You have convinced me - 100 euro's is well worth it. Also my teenager has his heart set!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Richard - yes please to finding out more about boats from Achladies. That would be really helpful. Have a wonderful time!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Hi Teri.

I am sure they will find loads to do ,Agia Periskevi beach hires boats starting at €70 a day +fuel.

Try Koziakis in Town for a great cheap meal (meat feast) and great atmosphere ,or No Name. Gyros, hidden behind "Fun me "frozen yoghurt shop.

ENJOY.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Thank you JanroyGreece. Food recommendations are so welcome with two boys to feed! I'm making a list!!

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
42 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

Teri. We are here in Achaladies now. If you or the boys have Facebook search for Achaladies beach water sports page. You will all love it x

10. Re: Newbies, taking 2 teenagers with us!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations