We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kechria - how to get there

Sfantu Gheorghe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Kechria - how to get there

Hi!

We will be staying in Megali Ammos from tomorrow, and we won't have a car. We would really like to get toi Kechria, but I have absolutely no idea how to... We can use the bus, which won't help, since there is no service on the Northern coast... So we are left with walking, which is perfectly fine :D We just have no idea where to start our walk from and where to go...

Also, could you please specify the approximate time it takes?

Thank you very much!

Mentioned in this post
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
Skiathos, Greece
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kechria - how to get there

I personally wouldn't attempt to walk there, especially not in the heat. You could get the minibus to the monastery(from bs4) and walk from there but its still a bit of a walk. We tried to get there on a scooter a couple of years ago but my O/H felt the dirt track was too dangerous. I was so frustrated because I felt we were really close but he wouldn't carry on! Next year we are hiring a jeep(extra savings for this, presently stands at £125!!!!) because I am DETERMINED to get there!!

Stockport, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kechria - how to get there

We walked to Kechria at the end of June from Megali Ammos. It took us about 2 hours each way. We walked to near bus stop 8 and then followed the sign posted road up the hill. Turned left just before the Paradise . The road surface is okay but very hilly. We took plenty of water. I am 67 and my wife is 64. We enjoyed it and had a nice meal at the Taverna.

Mentioned in this post
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
Skiathos, Greece
Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kechria - how to get there

The easiest route is to get the bus to Bus Stop 9 and walk up the steep hill (up to 15% gradient for the first half mile) towards the Paradise Hotel. The route can be found on the map below.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/5443812

Edited: 27 July 2014, 19:52
Mentioned in this post
Paradise Hotel
Paradise Hotel
720 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
4. Re: Kechria - how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 14:16