We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lamb chops

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Best lamb chops

Hi we are making our first visit to Skiathos on the 15th July for a week and I am after some advice please. We are staying in Troulos at the Villa Rosa Apartments.

I wonder if you could suggest where I could get some really good lamb chops? Nothing fancy required, just good greek flavourings.

We are really looking forward to this holiday, we have had Skiathos on our list of places visit for at least 20 years, just never got there, always got sidetracked somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

wigan
Level Contributor
878 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best lamb chops

Hi Andrew. Sounds like you found what you were looking for. Hope you,re going to review all the places you,ve been on TA when you get back. We are in Troulos on 25th, funnily enough with Aunty Diddy and crew

who we met in Skiathos a few years ago.

Tim

P.S. Told you we,d do the cats;-))

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best lamb chops

I never doubted you would wallop the Cats :( hopefully we can beat Landan this week !

We are off to Ratatoulli (sp) tonight so it will either be chops or a souvlaki for me, report to follow.

Had a lovely cream cake from Ariston for lunch, biggest cream horn I've ever seen, report to follow later...... it's too hot here to sit typing ;)

We will be gone by the time you arrive as we have only one week :(

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best lamb chops

Well so far I have had chops at Villa Rosa & Ratatoulli, Villa Rosa's were the better. So tender yet crispy round the edges, Ratatoulli asked me how I wanted them cooked so asked for well done so as to be crispy, but they weren't as good as Markos'at Villa Rosa, still very good though. Can't decide where to eat tonight, Sunrise is very tempting but I could smell the lamb as Markos started cooking it this morning at 9am :)). Decisions, decisions........ Only 2 nights left :, (

St Helens, England
Level Contributor
39 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Best lamb chops

Okay, the results are in !

I had chops 3 times, the best were Salt & Pepper, big chops, perfectly cooked and presented, with great chips. The chops were incredibly tender yet still crispy round the edges, perfect.

Second by a small margin were at Villa Rosa, great chops, really tasty and crispy, but not quite as tender as S&P's's. Third Ratatoulli, good chops, just a bit tougher.

I would be happy to have any of the above at any time, but Salt & Pepper's were simply superb.

Thanks to Auntydiddy's friend Vicki for getting us a table at very short notice, you are a star !

25. Re: Best lamb chops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations