We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
39 reviews
Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Where is the easiest place to purchase one of these? I see from previous posts that these now have to be registered with your passport. Would we be able to purchase one at the airport on arrival? Or if not, anywhere near Tragaki/Tsivili.

Thanks

T23

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
234 reviews
1. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Zante town has several phone shops so you shouldn't have a problem picking one up there. Zante airport arrivals doesn't have any shops just car hire/flight desks, an ATM and a snack bar.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Hi

Thanks for your reply. As we don't have a hire car and Zante town is about 7-8km away from Tragaki, are there any phone shops in theTsivili/Tragaki area?

Regards T23

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

No sorry its all in town. Its just as cheap to use uk mobile now anyway.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

it's not to make calls, it is for internet access. So would we need to go to Zante?

We have a wi-fi dongle and we need a local network sim.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Is it possible to get a bus from Tsivili to Zante Town?

Thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

Yes there is a bus service, in fact you'd have to go via Zante town to get just about anywhere else on the island. Sorry I can't help with times/fares etc.

Have you checked the costs involved in using your UK mobile sim, it would be a lot easier & may not be a lot more expensive, or maybe use any available wi-fi?

Edited: 13 May 2012, 04:30
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

I am also interested in getting a mobile broadband sim also as we are visiting Zakynthos in June for four nights, followed by three weeks in Italy. Do you know if there is a mobile broadband sim that I could use for both countries?

UK
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

I can't help with the sim question, but there's loads of places (bars/restaurants/hotels etc) with free wi-fi in all the resorts so that could be a much cheaper option

@ turquoise23... how did you get on. Did you find a sim?

Edited: 31 December 2012, 06:42
9. Re: Mobile Broadband Sim Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations