We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Zakynthos?

Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Where to stay on Zakynthos?

Hi just wandering where younger people stay on zakynthos? We dont mind there being nightlife near and heaps of shops and stuff to do, but is there a place that has a nice beach (really nice beach) too?

Is it better to stay in the main town and then go by bus to the beaches during the day? Is the town full of nice places to stay and look at etc?

Also whats the cost of the bus tickets that you would get every day? Same from Lagunas to Town vice versa? How much is it to get to the ship wreck bay by the public transport etc?

Any advice would be great! cheers

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
10,241 posts
219 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay on Zakynthos?

Hi, I think most of the younger people that visit Zante tend to go to the resort of Laganas.It's mainly one road that has several bars and a few nightclubs.My husband and I have been to Zante twice and and have stayed in Laganas both times.I can't help you with the cost of bus tickets as we just took a taxi to the main town but that didn't cost too much.

Mendrisio...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay on Zakynthos?

I think that if you dont mind the nightlife, you should go to the north of the Island, in the zone of Skinary. The place is wonderful, there are little beach (stone) and beautiful places to see (very wild). Near to the ship wreck bay. Have a nice holidays

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
195 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay on Zakynthos?

Laganas - this is a long beach with bars, hotels, etc. The main feature is drunk English kids, so not necessarily a good choice any longer.

Kalamaki - the other end of the beach. Quieter, less drunks, still a suberb beach.

Zante town - commercial - not for staying in.

Alikes / Alykanas - again good beaches - less bars but still plenty of life

Tsivili - spread out, a beach, plenty of restaurants / bars

Another resort - I can't remember it's name, just along from Zante town, a strip beach, noisy, really worth a miss.

You can't get to shipwreck by public transport. You need a trip - boat to the beach or coach / land rover to see it from above. I recommend Zakfari.

Buses - very cheap.

A really good beach is St Nicholas, they run free buses from the main resorts.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay on Zakynthos?

First time for young people is the Hotel Palace Laganas. Excellent it is 3 star but clean and tidy like a 4 star hotel. I stayed there with my son last year it was bed and breakfast, you do have to put a couple of euros for english breakfast as it is mainly toast and coffee/tea.

But do not let this put you off, they have the best beach, pure white soft sand, a bit hot during peak months, but beautiful.

If you say at the palace it is walking distance to the beach and all the clubs. You would have to ask if you want to go to another close island but i asure you everything you need is here.

Have a great time, since I went to Zante last year I have learnt a bit of great to get by, mainly thanks and hi and bye.

Believe me this is the holiday for you.

Good luck, please write a review how your trip went.

Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations