We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish

Marlborough, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jellyfish

I have seen a post on the Paxos Grapevine about lots of jellyfish at the moment. Anyone know if if it's bad and will they go away on their own?

12 replies to this topic
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish

Yes, I've seen the reports too, both on Paxos and Corfu forums. One theory is that they've been blown across from the mainland where they gather in large numbers to feed around the fish farms and hopefully they will eventually be blown back there. Hope so anyway, I'll be on Paxos 4 weeks from today!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish

Eeek! That might be the one thing which would persuade me to book an apartment with a pool. I've always resisted so far - because, deep down, it doesn't feel like 'real Greece' to me. My first experiences were in village rooms - with a hole in the corner of the bathroom and a hand held shower. It is that simplicity that I fell in love with - and though, these days, I'm happy with a bit more comfort, I've never been tempted to do 'luxury' Greece. Hope the jellyfish clear off before you all get to you holidays there this year.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
484 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish

I also saw this post but it seems to have disappeared now. Maybe the locals don't won't the visitors being put off!

Anyone going in the next few weeks, it would be great to hear if they have moved on or not.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish

I'm on the island at the moment and certainly a few days ago there were fair few of the blighters floating about. Best to wear a mask and snorkel or swim under water to spot 'em. At least they're not Box Jellies. If it is the fish farm situation attracted them in vast numbers then, I hold my snorkel up in despair at human intervention in the sea...this is the kind of stuff that happens... :/.. The walking's fine though..;)

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish

Just reporting back that the water has been clear of jelly fish for the last 3 days now, so hopefully they've all moved on. The water is wonderful. Amen to that. :)

warwickshire
Level Contributor
484 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jellyfish

Phew! Thank you for reporting back 454Sam. Having sold the beautiful waters around Paxos to my family the last thing I wanted to do was give them the news there was a jellyfish problem!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
918 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jellyfish

Sorry to gate crash this thread, but just pm'd you shakespearstarr. Apologies folks 👍✋ Ann G X.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
484 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jellyfish

Thanks Ann. x

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
11 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jellyfish

Jellies seen at Marmaris 24th May......

Vrsac, Serbia
Level Contributor
168 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jellyfish

Neos Marmaras, Greece or Marmaris, Turkey? Or...?

Reply to: Jellyfish
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paxos
Recent Conversations
More Paxos Topics