We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One full day in Paxos

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One full day in Paxos

Booked the Kamelia Ferry Odysseus for a day trip in June. We're taking the first ferry over, arriving around 9:30 AM and last one returning at 6 PM - not enough time, I know!

How does this sound for a special & romantic day:

- Lakka harbor, perhaps a lunch at Stasinos Garden or Akis Fish Bar?

- taxi or bus to Loggos - perhaps eat/drink @ Bens Bar or drink at Roxi-Bar

- a beach south of Loggos (Levracchio or Marmari?)

- Tripitos Arch or Erimitis Beach (can we reach these easily? Which is better if we have to pick?)

Is a combination of bus and taxi best for this day or should we rent a boat (can you easily pulling up at these places? Could you say leave your boat docked to have lunch a street over?

Thanks for any suggestions to simplify this plan and to make sure we get to the *must sees/dos*.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Lakka
Lakka
Paxos, Greece
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
Ben's Bar
Ben's Bar
234 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Roxi-Bar
Roxi-Bar
289 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Tripitos Arch
Tripitos Arch
58 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Erimitis Beach
Erimitis Beach
57 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
3 replies to this topic
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One full day in Paxos

What a shame that you've decided to limit your time in Paxos to just one day, rather than the several days that you originally planned. I think for most people the must-sees and dos of Paxos consist of taking your time to leisurely explore what it has to offer by both day and night, rather than dashing around and trying to cram everything into 1 day! However, since that's all the time you have, and given the things that you've decided you want to do, I'd suggest that renting a boat from one of the hirers in Gaios is possibly the best way to do it. June isn't yet high season, but to be sure of getting a boat on the day you want it, it might be best to book in advance.

Once you've had your instruction on how to operate the boat, if you head south to circumnavigate the island clockwise, you'll be able to drive through the Kaltonisi channel and up the east coast, passing Tripitos Arch, Ortholithos Rock, the blue caves and Erimitis Beach along the way. Carrying on along the north coast, you'll pass Lakka and Loggos and can decide wherever and whenever you wish to stop for lunch or drinks before finally heading back to Gaios. Leaving your boat moored up in the harbours whilst you explore the villages is no problem.

Mentioned in this post
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Gaios
Gaios
Paxos, Greece
Tripitos Arch
Tripitos Arch
58 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Erimitis Beach
Erimitis Beach
57 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Lakka
Lakka
Paxos, Greece
Loggos
Loggos
Paxos, Greece
warwickshire
Level Contributor
445 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One full day in Paxos

Agree totally with the advice of Xenos. Any other way and you'll be chasing your tail all day!

The beauty of hiring a boat is the entire coast is available to you to explore and the way Xenos has laid the day out for you means that you are able to do just that by seeing the west coat first, which in the afternoon can be a bit a no go area if the weather isn't good enough.

If by any chance the boat hirer doesn't want you going down the west coast, don't be put off as there is still plenty for you to see though you'd have to miss Tripitos Arch and Erimitis Beach. Though the later in my opinion, is better seen from the land.

Mentioned in this post
Tripitos Arch
Tripitos Arch
58 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Erimitis Beach
Erimitis Beach
57 Reviews
Paxos, Greece
Stockport
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One full day in Paxos

Just realised that I got my east muddled up with my west! I should of course have said "through the Kaltonisi channel and up the WEST coast". Sorry!

Reply to: One full day in Paxos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paxos
More Paxos Topics