We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

Hi everyone,

Its our first time to Greece! We are 2 couples travelling to Greece in June. We have booked our first 8 days in Kefalonia and the next 8 days in Lefkada. We have 4 days left and I am so undecided as to what to do and would really appreciate anyone's advice.

My first idea was to hire a car from Preveza Airport and to travel up the coast towards Parga. From what I can gather, this trip takes approx 2.5 hours by car. Perhaps stay overnight in or near Parga and then the following afternoon catch a ferry to Paxos to spend two nights there. Then catch a ferry back to Parga and travel back down the coast for a one night stay in Preveza before boarding the plane to return to Athens for our onward trip back home.

My second idea was to perhaps find a "fast" boat taxi in Lefkada (if this exists) and head straight for Paxos..... spend 3 nights in Paxos and then return via "fast boat taxi" to Lefkada....and then take a taxi to Preveza for a one night stay before heading off home the next day.

Please let me know what you all think of these ideas. I'm also open to other suggestions as well as I am feeling pretty clueless at the moment. I have always wanted to see Paxos but if it means too much hassle to get there then I would rather do something else.

I look forward to any suggestions. Many thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
Preveza
Preveza
Preveza Region, Greece
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
5 replies to this topic
Vrsac, Serbia
Level Contributor
159 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

Stay 4 nights in Parga and have a rest. Do hire a car on Kefalonia and Lefkada.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

see my answer to your previous similar question.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

Thank you ..... yes, I'm thinking maybe we're travelling around too much. I'll check out some accommodation options in Parga. I hope I haven't left it too late for a nice hotel or villa! From what I can gather, Parga is quite a busy little town.....

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

Thank you Travelbob31.... I appreciate the info. The ferry unfortunately is not going to help us as it doesn't sail on the days we require.

Kind regards...

Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
885 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help..... last 4 days on the Ionian Coastline

I would suggest stay in Parga its too much to attempt Paxos Its only about 75 mins drive from Preveza to Parga. As you will have a car in Parga you can visit the necromanteio or ammousi or the reported source of the river styx, more than enough to do. As others have said hire a car on Kefalonia and Lefkada.

Mentioned in this post
Parga
Parga
Preveza Region, Greece
Paxos
Paxos
Ionian Islands, Greece
Preveza
Preveza
Preveza Region, Greece
Lefkada
Lefkada