We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes in June.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes in June.

We're off to Nidri beginning of June, and was just wondering what the mosquito situation is like at that time of year. I normally have to smoother myself in repellant 24 hours a day of they're likely to be active. Could anyone advise please.

6 replies to this topic
UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

Hi, I have the same problem! In my experience they're not usually too bad in June, they get worse as the year goes on. But you probably won't escape completely. What spray do you use? I've had some success with Incognito, based on citridiol and not as harsh as deet but the little so-and-so's definitely don't like it!

Edited: 15 May 2018, 14:27
Liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

I usually use several things ranging from Jungle Formula wipes in the day(contain DEET but not too strong) to Boots Mosquito repellant (the strong one)and Avon Skin Soft spray. On the whole they seem to work OK, but it's just a pain having to smoother yourself all the time.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

Well the mosquitoes (female variety) are alive and well in May as I can personally testify. If like myself you are prone to bites precautionary remedies I find to be of limited value. I now accept the bite and use a biteaway pen which effectively nullifies the swelling and the irritation.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

Never found them biteaway pens any good tbh. Which ones do you use, if you don't mind me asking.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

Hi. I have used the same pen for about six years and have recently replaced it with a similar model. It is manufactured by a German pharmaceutical outfit called Riemser Pharma. Available online. I can only speak from personal experience obviously but two bites this week that instantly became inflamed virtually disappeared overnight after I had used the device.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitoes in June.

Thanks I'll have a look for that later.

Reply to: Mosquitoes in June.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada
Recent Conversations