We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

1 post
Where to stay?

I want to be close to nice beach, but also within walking distance to restaurants, clubs, taverns, etc. I have been before. I love the town center in the town of lefkada. Many nice taverns and cluns. But it is not close to any nice beaches. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

11 replies to this topic
Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
927 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay?

If nice sandy beaches are important go to Aghios Nikitas, if calm seas great for bathing go to Nidri. Either way it is essential to hire a car to explore the island fully.

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay?

Lefkada town is the only place with any real nightlife. In the other resorts it's more low-key, with laid-back cafes,tavernas and bars.

For beaches you can stay in Agios Nikitas or even at kathisma beach. But if you love the lively atmosphere of Lefkada town at night, you could stay in the Agianni area,which has a good beach and a choice of tavernas and cafes, and is only a short taxi ride from town.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay?

How is Nidri compared to Agio Ioanni?

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay?

Hi Averie ,

Nidri is commercial and the sea is not nice.

Agios Nikitas offers naturally beauty and awesome colors . Located in the very best spot to visit Milos beach ,Kathisma Beach , Pefkoulia Beach and all the famous seasides.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay?

Thank you!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Where to stay?

Hi, I visited Lefkada last summer together with my boyfriend. We book a nice apartment with big balcony and sea view, just across the street from the beautiful beach. We stayed in the small and pretty and picturesque village Nikiana, located on the east coast of Lefkada.

You are welcome to check my blog post with all the details and my impression of the island.

Best regards from Amsterdam.

https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Where to stay?

I have visited Nikiiana in the past while staying in Lygia so 2 weeks ago got on the bus to see if it had changed. It was deserted and really nothing of interest there. Yes Nidri is commercial but had a wonderful holiday at the Athos Hotel on the front looking out to the islands. The scenery is truly amazing .. I will be back most definately. All depends what is important to you. I personally want more than a beach when I go to Greece. I found it very reasonable to eat out and drinks cheap.

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Where to stay?

Hello everyone :)

This year my boyfriend and I want to go on a vacation to Lefkada late August or beginning of September, but we don't know where to stay. We won't have a car, we want to rent from there for a couple of days. I read that Agios Nikitas is a nice quiet village, but I also read that you can't rent a car from there. Can someone give me a recommendation on what is the nicest place to stay? Thank you :)

UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
69 reviews
9. Re: Where to stay?

You can rent a car at Agios Nikitas. There are a couple of car hire places at the top of the village. Or you can rent a car from Lefkada town and they will deliver it to Agios Nikitas if you prefer.

The village is still very busy in late August, better wait till September if you like it quiet!

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Where to stay?

What about the place Vasiliki ? Do you prefer better Agios Nikitas or Vasiliki?

Reply to: Where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lefkada
Recent Conversations