We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To rent a car or not?

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
To rent a car or not?

Hello,

For six days in august, I will be staying walking distance to Milos Beach, in what is a "pedestrian zone," so no free parking, and it seems from other threads that overnight street parking is not feasible, which is a shame because some of the local car rentals have pretty reasonable prices.

I would like to venture around the island for at least a few of those days, so I'm debating whether a car is worth the hassle or money compared to whatever buses, boats, taxis, etc might be available.

Thanks for any advice. Sorry for the broad topic!

Mentioned in this post
Milos Beach
Milos Beach
782 Reviews
Lefkada, Greece
3 replies to this topic
UK and Lefkada
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To rent a car or not?

Hi Jacob! I'm not sure which Milos Beach you mean, is it the Milos Beach club at Agianni, or the real Milos beach near Agios Nikitas? I think it would be the latter, because Agios Nikitas village is pedestrianised. In this case, parking in and around the village is exceptionally difficult in August, so I don't recommend having a car there if you can avoid it.

On the other hand I would strongly recommend renting a car at least for a couple of days,as public transport from the village is limited. One option might be to rent a car just for one day at a time, then you can drop it back at the car hire office at the end of the day and not have to worry about parking. On other days you could use taxis and buses to give you a few options.

Mentioned in this post
Milos Beach
Milos Beach
782 Reviews
Lefkada, Greece
Agios Nikitas
Agios Nikitas
Lefkada, Greece
Nantwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Lefkada
Level Contributor
820 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To rent a car or not?

I would say that, whichever Milos Beach you are talking about, it is an absolute must to hire a car. There is so much of the island that can be explored, that can only be accessed by car, e.g. down to Porto Ksatsiki, Down to the lighthouse at the southern tip of the island, high up into the centre, to the Rahi Waterfalls, the spectacular views and many,many more. Lefkada can only really be fully appreciated, if the whole island is explored. I would suggest at least 3 days car hire.

Mentioned in this post
Milos Beach
Milos Beach
782 Reviews
Lefkada, Greece
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
Lefkada
Lefkada
Ionian Islands, Greece
3. Re: To rent a car or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2018, 06:35
Edited: 13 May 2018, 06:35

Reply to: To rent a car or not?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted