We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late April, early May?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Late April, early May?

Hello Forum. I am considering staying in Kimolos for some hiking in late April 2017 and early May (the first few days only - very early May). However, it seems there is practically no accommodations available until mid-May. I know it's a small island, but will there be any restaurants/shops open late April? And guidance would be appreciated. Many thanks. Kevin

3 replies to this topic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,073 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late April, early May?

It's very early for Kimolos, out of tourist season. I have stayed in early June and there were 3 tourists including me on the island (that seemed to be the case). The one or two tavernas were open with very little choice and no customers.

They will open accommodation for you, even if closed, that won't be a problem. There will be shops open for the residents.

The tourist season is shorter in the smaller less visited islands.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late April, early May?

Excellent, thank you for the reply. Sounds like exactly the type of island I'm looking for... Cheers

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late April, early May?

I tried booking a room on Kimolos in May a couple of years ago. It looked like impossible. Nobody answered mails. It is only a few minutes on th elocal ferry from Pollonia on Milos.

Reply to: Late April, early May?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kimolos
Recent Conversations