We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food on the fast ferries?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Food on the fast ferries?

Hi experts! We are travelling on the Speedrunner III (Aegean Speedlines), Highspeed 7 (Hellenic) and Seajet 2 for 3, 4 and 5 hours respectively during our upcoming trip. I was wondering if there was any food available on any of these ferries or do we need to bring our own packed lunch?

Cheers :-)

6 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
384 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

There are small cafes atleast on the hellenic boats, (and i suspect also on seajet, ) but it is expensive and the food is usually rather meh at best, better bring your own packed lunch imo

Edited: 09 May 2018, 16:45
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

Those only have expensive bar snacks. The Seajet 2 in rough weather for 5 hours can be a nightmare with many people being sick.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,098 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

Might be better to go on SeaJet 2 with an empty stomach, at least if it's windy that day. I never get seasick, but not sure how I would react if others around me are.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

I've found that any decent snacks sell out really fast , they never seem to have enough of anything. I always take my own food now

London, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

5 hours on the Seajet and you may see your lunch twice! Joking aside (and it was a joke, it's sometimes not so bad), the pastries on the ferries are usually not too bad. I stick to the cheese / spinach pies and the oregano crisps (or chips, as the Americans insist on calling them), washed down with the obligatory Mythos, of course. If there is a convenient bakery or store at your departure port, you can stock up for the journey beforehand.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food on the fast ferries?

Thanks so much for all the replies guys! We’ll definitely pack some food to take with us, and have got all the fingers and toes crossed for a smooth journey on the SeaJet 2 ;-)

Reply to: Food on the fast ferries?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted