We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in Heraklion+water sports in the first week of Nov.

Moscow, Russia
1 post
Save Topic
Swimming in Heraklion+water sports in the first week of Nov.

Hi all! I plan to go to Creta in the first week of November. What is the water temperature usually in this period? And could someone give me an advice concerning best places for kayaking (incl. rent) near Heraklion?

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,610 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in Heraklion+water sports in the first week of Nov.

The sea won't be summer-warm, but it will still be warm enough to swim in early November, As long as October is warm, which it usually is, the water won't have had a chance to cool down too much. As you'll see from the attached chart, November averages are a little higher than those in May.

www.holiday-weather.com/crete/averages/

I hope someone else can answer your kayaking questions.

Chania Prefecture...
Destination Expert
for Almyrida, Crete
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in Heraklion+water sports in the first week of Nov.

I'm near Hania, not Iraklio, but I can tell you that at the moment the weather is still very lovely - it is still around 22 - 24 degrees during the day, plenty of sunshine. & the sea is very warm. We are having perfect end of October weather. However, we do usually expect some storms & rain moving into November, just for a couple of days.

3. Re: Swimming in Heraklion+water sports in the first week of Nov.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Heraklion