We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mitsis laguna resort and spa

beds
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
mitsis laguna resort and spa

PLEASE I really want to know/find prices for this new hotel opening 1st May. Last year we went to Blue Domes in KOS (Mitsis) in October and it was absolutely superb..I quote from my 17 yr old Daughter (18 now, only just!!) "OMG it's like the Ritz Mum!" and that was the main buffet restaurant!! The staff were amazingly friendly, we had such fun with a few of them, banter etc. Mr Manager was always around with his walkie talkie day and night sorting things...all in all THE BEST holiday EVERY!! and I booked before it opened!! I got the best price with Fleetway Travel as they beat anyone etc and were recommended, cost under £350 pp for the week!! For brand new 5* plus....pretty d#mm amazing totally!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Hi there

Can't your local travel agent give you this info? As the place is still being built, it may well be that the rates for 2011 haven't been released yet. Remember the opening of Sensatori in Analipsi a couple of years ago? ( almost in the same location as Mitsis Laguna).

Ther first guests arrived to find the place was in a terrible state of "finish", electrical wires hanging out of the walls, slippery floors, sharp grouting in the pools, terrible food, and so on. Maybe the owners are hedging their bets and playing safe until they can know for sure that the place will be open on time.

Scunthorpe
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

avoid mitsis like the plague - con merchants and have no health and safety contractors!!! FACT!

reported them to the greek food industry and health and safety .

steer well clear - if you went blue domes without being ill, then lets just say you had a lucky escape.

oh and 2 people were electricuted

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

There are lots of different Mitsis hotels in the Hersonissos/Anissaras area of northern Crete as well as on other islands- you can hardly tar them all with the same brush just because you got sick on the food at one specific hotel - how do you know it was food from the hotel anyway?

I know various people and friends who have stayed at diferent Mitsis accommodations and had a great time without a single complaint so to try to put people off from all of them like this is unnecessary and unwarranted.

Scunthorpe
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Hi

Because i have had the chain investigated by the health and safety people GNEO and the greek food society i think they are called and they have advised they do not even have a certificate for such like and currently owe 60 thousand euros in fines for not doing so.

i can pin point it to the hotel because we were 7kms away from anything else so couldnt have possibly ate anywhere else. we spoke to people from various Mitsis hotels in Kos and they all said the same. Infact the Norida was closed down to to legionaires disease!!! and where did they send all their guests - next door to the blue dooms.

Besides if they were a "reputable hotel chain" then why have they ignored all written communication with myself and not offered us any form of compensation. If i owned that many hotels and my guests got sick thorough my own negligence, i would be very hastily wanting to apologise so as not to get my name trampled through the mud. They have done no such thing which shows very poor customer service.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Surely, if every hotel in the Mitsis chain is that bad with regard to health and safety, then they wouldn't be allowed to continue selling their rooms?

OK, I'm not disputing the experience you have had, but how do you know whether or not all the group hotels have been investigated or are indeed as "bad" as the one you stayed in? As I've already said, we know of several people who holidayed in varios Mitsis hotels last summer and they all had a great time with no food or health and safety complaints whatsoever.

Scunthorpe
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

HI again,

I dont know for sure, I only know what the GNTO told me , and i got speaking to a health and safety inspector who used to monitor the chain, who expected them to lower their boundaries for health and safety so basically they could get away with it. This is why the company i got talking to dropped them in 2008. hense they have had no one since then.

Being my 8th Year in Greece and knowing how kind hearted and loving natured the friendly Greeks are, these people did not fall in that category. They did not care who they hurt as long as they got their money. Ontop of that in any 5 star spa hotel. one would expect the spa facilities to be included... but no, they were an extra 15 euros per person per hour which i thought was diabolical. hense why i said they were con merchants.

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Hi, anyone know any more about the mitsis laguna thats due to open in may. we have booked to go on the 12th of may for a week, does anyone know how it is looking and if it is all finished.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Paula.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Hello!

I'm writing to you from mitsis laguna now. The WORST opening I've ever knew!!! I have photos of all unforgettable bad moments!!! I'll update soon. Really disappointed!!! Not recommend to anybody!!! :(

uk
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Hi bb,

Thankyou so much for your replies.

I got really worried after reading Tims review that we have rang the travel agent today and asked if we could change our holiday to the mitsis blue dome in kos, I had word back today that we could change to the blue dome so we are going on the 11th of may the reviews there are really good.

Hope you enjoy your holiday and all is well for you.

Paula.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: mitsis laguna resort and spa

Tim, What exactly is wrong with the hotel? just teething problems? please post pics soon :)