We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piraeus To Santorini

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Piraeus To Santorini

I will be traveling to Athens for a cruise in Sept 2015. I would like to see the sites in Athens as well as go to Santorni. My flight arrives a Saturday but the cruise does no t leave till wednesday. I would like to know is it possible to take a ferry to Santorini for the day or do i have to stay over night? Or maybe whats the best possible way to see most of the islands? I have read about taking the bus to athens from Piraeus but was wondering on others opinion on making the most of the 4 days precruise.

UK
Level Contributor
364 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Piraeus To Santorini

It depends what time your flight arrives as to whether you can get a ferry to Santorini the same day. Fast ferries leave Piraeus at 7.00am-7.25am and take a minimum of 4-5 hours. Bear in mind it takes well over an hour to get to the port.

If you are really keen on going to Santorini I would suggest booking a flight convenient to your arrival at Athens airport and stay there a couple of nights.

You could fly back to Athens or take a ferry and then stay in Athens for 2 nights.

Get a hotel near s Syntagma Square which will give you easy access on foot to the main sights of Athens.

There's an express bus service to the cruise port from Syntagma or, a taxi shouldn't cost more than €20

2. Re: Piraeus To Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2016, 15:18