We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens for young people

Which Athens hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Athens for young people

I'm going to Athens in March with my girlfriend and was wondering if there's a lot of things for young people do in Athens? I'll be going for 4 days during from a Sunday to a Thursday. Would there be much nightlife etc and things to do during the day once the sights have been visited?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens for young people

Hey and welcome DeSelby1989:-) You certainly won't fall short on Museums/ galleries..head to Psirri, Gazi areas for loads of cafes, bars..general nightlife activities..and ENjOY!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Athens for young people

I went to a fun place a few days ago on a Sunday night, in Gazi. It's just at the Kerameikos metro stop (2 away from Syntagma). it was called WS (Why Sleep)

They played great music and the place was super full of other young people.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Athens for young people

Gazi will not disappoint. Psyrri is also very nice as well as some areas in Monastiraki. If you are feeling a bit adventurous and want a more alternative vibe and very cheap prices, you can try Exarchia. The square itself looks very dodgy but around it and in the side streets there are some very nice bars and clubs, very popular with the young crowd, esp students. And I go out in Exarchia often and although it has a bad reputation I really don't think it is actually unsafe. Provided you keep your wits about you and don't get blind drunk but that applies everywhere.

Isle of Man, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Athens for young people

outside of nightlife, take a look at a few 'different' things you could do on your trip here....

yotoursgreece.com/201201272159_extreme-greece

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Athens for young people

Oh, it's impossible to fall short on options. This is a mega-size city.

You can have anything you want from lounge bars to jazz bars, to retro bars, to mainstream clubing.

Gazi area at Kerameikos station is a safe easy bet for bars and some medium size nightclubs.

Edited: 10 February 2012, 05:14
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Athens for young people

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. I'll look into all them!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Athens for young people

Our pleasure DeSelby1989:-) Keep us posted and let us know how it goes;-) Keep enjoyin'!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
19,040 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Athens for young people

Whatever happened to the Rodon Club near Omonia ?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Athens for young people

That closed down unfortunately. I think it's a supermarket now.

Most concerts take place elsewhere now.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Athens for young people

Gazi is a great place to spend a night out. i spent an evening there a couple of weeks ago. it is very 'easy' as everything is located in more or less a huge square, with kerameikos station in the middle. the bars and taverna's are packed with young people. you will love it. it has a great atmosphere. venture down some of the side streets for the more arty/alternative type of bars