We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a heater?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
50 reviews
55 helpful votes
Where can I buy a heater?

Hi All, we have rented an apartment for the winter and finding the evenings quite cold (the apartment has heating but it doesn’t really seem to make it much warmer). Does anybody know where we can purchase a heater?

Many thanks

2 replies to this topic
Greater London...
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
13,688 posts
127 reviews
194 helpful votes
1. Re: Where can I buy a heater?

Any of the big supermarkets (Carrefour at the Myramar centre for instance) will stock them and i'm sure there is a hardware shop in La Cala or an electrical shop that will have them.

Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
892 posts
6 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Where can I buy a heater?

I bought a little radiant heater for €15 in Carrefour last winter. Our reverse air did heat the room up though.The problem is the heat is gone as soon as it is switched off. If you are there for the whole winter I would consider an oil filled or even calor gas.

Don't despair you'll find you need more heating some days than others. Make sure you trap in the heat of the day when the sun is shining. Our electricity bill was €100ish per month last winter for heating a large open sitting/dining/ kitchen, cooking and hot water.

Reply to: Where can I buy a heater?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Cala de Mijas
Recent Conversations