We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Restaurants

Glasgow
Level Contributor
235 posts
31 reviews
24 helpful votes
Old Town Restaurants

How many of the Old Town restaurants are presently open?Thinking especially of O Muralha, Tapasol, Jango and those along Rua de Carlos. Very impressed by the clear up operation. Thank you FlowerCity for all the updates at this time.

Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
11,298 posts
85 reviews
144 helpful votes
1. Re: Old Town Restaurants

I saw pictures of A Marulha last week and spoke to someone who had had a meal in the Old Town so the cleanup there has been effective, also the cable car is open again so I would assume that most restaurants in that area are OK now. I have not heard of any being closed.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
28 posts
86 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Old Town Restaurants

All of the high-end ones are open.

Certainly O Jango and the others in the neighboring blocks.

There are a few low-end snack bars still closed behind the Electricity Building, the closer to the river the worse the state, of course. But there is plenty of choice just a few blocks further away.

Funchal, Madeira
Level Contributor
203 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: Old Town Restaurants

All restaurants are open and most have been for some time already. Madeira Seekers tells me that the new video on the update to the floods was taken in the Old Town showing all the restaurants, cable car etc.

www.madeira-seekers.com/MadeiraFloods.html

4. Re: Old Town Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 14:25
Get answers to your questions about Funchal