We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East or North Tour

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
East or North Tour

Next week will be our first trip to Madeira. We are doing a West Tour but we can't decide between the East Tour and the North Tour. Has anyone done both? Do they overlap? Also has anyone been to the Sao Vicente caves? If we do the North Tour there is a stop there and we would be interested....

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Mentioned in this post
Madeira
Madeira
Madeira Islands, Portugal
Sao Vicente
Sao Vicente
Madeira, Portugal
5 replies to this topic
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East or North Tour

Here is a link with a video of the North tour which does include the caves. They are very interesting

Also on the same website is detailed infp on the East tour

madeirahappytours.com/en/island-tours/north-…

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East or North Tour

My preference would be the East Tour because it goes up to the mountain ,Pico do Ariero They stop there for about 20 minutes , plenty of photo opportunities on a clear day ..However if you are interested in the caves then you should consider the North tour . Your choice .

Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East or North Tour

We did the east tour this week scenery stunning at all stops especially the mountain going through the clouds then out into bright warm sunny skies amazing we also stopped at the sugar cane factory steam machinery over 100 years old brilliant to watch. Sorry can't help with the north tour

southport
Level Contributor
820 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East or North Tour

It depends on what you are most intrested in if it caves then the north tour, scenery then the east, we did both and both have there merits

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East or North Tour

alchermist - I agree. I too have done both - and they are both nice in their own way.

Both very different from each other.

Reply to: East or North Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Madeira