We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

Umea, Sweden
4 posts
Save Topic
Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

Been watching https://www.slbenfica.pt/pt-pt everyday for a while now since I will be in Lisbon with a friend that date. Read that it will only be tickets for members, but since membership in Benfica is only 20 euro that's not an issue. Although now when the "Tickets" button is avaible, it's only to buy Red Pass, wich is pretty expensive. Will tickets only be avaible for people with Red Pass?

Google translate is helping me poorly on that website, and the official english site is not translated everywhere.

Thank you!

Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,196 Reviews
from USD 89.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
754 Reviews
from USD 89.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon Small-Group Gourmet Portuguese...
470 Reviews
from USD 53.70*
15 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

Tickets for that game are normally restricted to members. Since 'normal' membership number is probably as many as there are tickets available, I suspect that the 'red pass' situation is to stop people applying for membership just to obtain a ticket for that game. Security will be very heavy and police insist on complete separation of fans, even though very few from Sporting will be there and must sit only in their allocated section.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,983 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

The red pass has an offer of membership registration in the purchase, it's an guarantee of place for all the season matchs and in some options includ the 3rd preliminary round of the Champions League and other all Champions (except final).

Umea, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

So in other words only people who also buy red pass will be able to buy tickets?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,983 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

Or if you have a membership card, even if don't buy the red pass. The same will aply to the Sporting fans, those with menbership will have first hand access and the available number of tickets will probably not be enough just for those.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

>So in other words only people who also buy red pass will be able to buy tickets?

ticket sales will be in tiers, in waves. season ticket holders get first pick, then regular sócios which are sócios for longer than dunno 20 years, then the ones which have been for longer than 5, then all sócios, then if there are left or the visiting club returned tickets (will not happen), general sale to all.

There might not be enough tickets for when newly registered sócios get to buy. You can keep checking every day, just in case, but it might all be snapped up by sócios of longer standing. It´s August, lots of people on holiday, lots of foreign Benfica and Sporting fans visit Portugal this time of the year, these matches sell out - and museums and stadium visits are crowded also. August.

Aarhus, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

I have found public tickets on the website, but I'm asked about a document id and I'm not sure which document?

Portalegre, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

"I have found public tickets on the website, but I'm asked about a document id and I'm not sure which document?"

You should be aware that those tickets are likely (if they aren't actually fakes) to be resales from people who were actually entitled to buy tickets - when trying to enter the stadium you may well be asked to show a Benfica membership card - if you don't have it, they simply won't let you in - they've been tightening up on this recently.

Aarhus, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

So simply no tourist can buy a ticket for a Benfica game?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,983 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

For this particular game you have low to zero chances, but for any other match you can. For this particular match the tickets on sale now at SLB site are for members only, it asks for the membership number and after the ID number, you need to fill both not just one.

Aarhus, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?

It says public tickets as well. I've been told that if I sign up and say that I'm non-Portuguese I will not be asked for a document ID. I have signed in, but I can not type my phone number and other document ID, the fields remain blank whatever I type.

Reply to: Liga nos Benfica - Sporting, is it only avaible for redpass?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted