We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto to Cascais

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
506 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Porto to Cascais

Easiest way? We will be staying in Porto at Rua da Alegria 258 - apart. 302

União de Freguesias do Centro. I booked so long ago that I forget if it's near Sao Bento and we need to transfer to Campanha station to catch the train to Lisbon, and then to Cascais after our time in Porto. We weill be leaving Porto on Saturday, October 27, and I hope to snag some of those early fares. Can you help simplify the plan for us? Many, many thanks! Sharon and Jerry

3 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto to Cascais

You can take a taxi to Campanhã, but if you walk to S.Bento you can take any train going to Campanhã, your ticket to Lisbon includes this connection.

If you choose a train that ends in Lisboa-Stª Apolónia, then to reach Cascais by public transport you have the metro (Blue line) at StªApolonia to go to Cais do Sodré with a change at Baixa-Chiado. https:/… where you can take a train to Cascais (frequent, cheap). But you can also take a taxi to Cascais, especially if your accommodation in Cascais is far from the train station. That would shorten your travel time for many minutes...

Hendersonville...
Level Contributor
506 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto to Cascais

Thank you. With luggage, I think the taxi might be the easier choice for the two of us who are in our 70s. I did a quick search online and found Kiwi Taxi who I can prebook and it seems a good choice. Any other suggestions?

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,997 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto to Cascais

Any other suggestions? Yes, get a normal taxi at a normal taxi rank... Lisboa Stª Apolonia has it, Lisboa Oriente has it. Probably one also not far from your apartment in Porto, you'll known it after being there for a couple of days.

Reply to: Porto to Cascais
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted